Pages

Monday, April 2, 2007

Accessibility of Samples

Hi Hemangi..

I am bit confused about this ,but what i feel i have posted here.Let me know whether i am correct.

  1. I think there may be some chances that the participants may not be allowed for prticipating in the research because if participants are child they are having their exam, or they may be ill or their parents are not allowing them for being a part of research.
  2. Some times access to sensitive areas might be problematical because in such cases the school drop outs ,drug addicts , or victims of bullying may refuse to share their experience cause they may feel that it will be openly shared with anybody and they will also have fear that their name will appear somewhere and they feel shy about their deed.
  3. Access may be denied by potential sample participants themselves for very practical reason e.g.if in any case lowyers are being considered then they not have enough time from their busy schedule to cooperate researcher, as the lowyers may have many cases pending with them and many of them are being in process.

1 comment:

Hemangi said...

Hi there,
Firstly let me tell you that I fully understand your situation at the hostel with no internet connections and hence the delay in your responses.

And let me also request you not to consider these responses I ask of you as assignments, they are more like the questions I would ask you if we were face to face. So in short I ask for your opinions, then why should you consider giving your opinion as an assignment?

So now coming to the examples that you have presented I felt they were a little influenced by what you read in the provided resource, they included all the possible difficulties in access of a sample (your e.g. suggesting difficulties in samples where they maybe victims of drug abuse, bullying etc. )

I was expecting some examples that came as an application of what you read in my post or the resource that you went through.
(Maybe if I gave you an example your confusion maybe cleared)

If a person wants to carry out a detailed study of the nature of projects that our students undertake in their internship, then access to such projects will be difficult, as some companies may give zero or minimal access to their projects, and even if there is access, people associated with it may not be willing to reveal all details of the project

I hope this example clears your confusion